NGO “Hronika Against Cancer” was established in 2009 in the city of Gotse Delchev. Its main goals are: to help women with cancer; to bring together and to provide support and information to people with cancer and their families; to spread information about cancer diseases by providing an up-to-date and timely information on prevention against them; to raise awareness among society of the particularities of the disease, its prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation problems of the people with cancer; to attract public support for the treatment of people with cancer; to provide funds for the treatment and support of women suffering from cancer; to cooperate with similar organizations at home and abroad.
10 women are members of the NGO «Hronika Against Cancer”. The organization is registered under the Law on Non-profit Legal Entities and works for public benefit. The Management Board consists of 5 people.
Did you know that:
- 68% of Bulgaria’s young families have no savings
- 40% of households in small towns live on the income of only one partner
- In 6 months, a health crisis can throw a family into bankruptcy or homelessness
- 45% of our national workforce is women
- 93% of them work full time
- Female headed households are 25-30% poorer than male headed households
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- Average treatment lasts 7-8 months
- Only 50% of women with cancer live at least 5 years after discovering the illness
- More than half of the women with breast cancer in Bulgaria don’t know about their disease
- Cancer, together with heart disease, is the leading causes of death in the country
NGO «Hronika Against Cancer” has been formed to raise awareness and facilitate the process of prevention of breast cancer. Remember: early detection saves lives! Its other main goal is to help women diagnosed with cancer fight the illness, help them to focus on their healing process, raise their families and return to their normal life. The NGO will provide short term financial aid for a brief period of treatment. “Hronika Against Cancer” is a non-profit organization acting in the name of public good.